Sunday, October 6, 2013

MISSION1 - Power of the Blog

I'm stretching my skills and comfort zone.   I have joined a fun, inspiring 8-week challenge - Exploring the MTBoS. I have accepted the first mission. Jump in, head first, step into the scary void. I am new to all of this but I'm looking for growth.  Hang on...it's going to be a wild ride.
Some ideas I have rolling around in my brain for development...of course while I'm on fall break...the teacher brain doesn't stop....



Penny Wars will be starting at my school. This will be a fundraiser pitting the three grade levels against one another. Who can fill a 5-gallon water bottle with the most money? What can we do with this?  Estimate how many pennies it would take to fill it by counting pennies in smaller volumes. Estimate how much each student in the sixth grade would need to bring to fill the bottle.  There's got to be more we could do with this. 


The invasion of the 40-foot rubber ducky in Pittsburgh!  My brain is racing with questions of ratios and technical difficulties of maneuvering under the many bridges around the city!  I think sixth graders might find it fun....what do you think? Where can we go with this?
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment